Tucson, AZ. - It was all smiles for the Silver Storm during the first round of the 2017 NJCAA Division I Women's Tennis Championship. All nine flights advanced to the quarterfinals tomorrow morning at the Reffkin Tennis Center. The only other team to go undefeated in the first round was Tyler Junior College. Both teams are currently tied for first place with 27 points respectively.
Play is set to begin tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM local time. For more information on the 2017 NJCAA Division I Women's Tennis Championship CLICK HERE.
Singles First Round
- #1 Singles Yuliana Munroy def. Collin County (6-4, 6-2).
- #2 Singles Emily Da Silva Chang def. Cowley County (6-1, 6-0).
- #3 Singles Dugleisy Linarez def. Snead State (6-1, 6-0).
- #4 Singles Jeung Yang def. Collin County (6-1, 6-1).
- #5 Singles Lisa Khamassi def. Collin County (6-2, 6-1).
- #6 Singles Ghita Nassik def. Seminole State (6-0, 6-1).
Doubles First Round
- #1 Doubles (Emily Da Silva Chang/Yuliana Munroy) def. Snead State (6-0, 6-0).
- #2 Doubles (Dugleisy Linarez/Jeung Yang) def. Marion Military Institute (6-1, 6-1).
- #3 Doubles (Lisa Khamassi/Sarah Wardenburg) def. ABAC (6-2, 6-1).
ABOUT ASA COLLEGE: ASA College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission of Higher Learning. The college is also accredited by the following governing agencies: Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. In addition, ASA College and its faculty and staff maintain required memberships and certifications from a wide realm of professional higher education and civic organizations.
FOLLOW THE STORM
For the latest news on ASA Miami Athletics, follow the Silver Storm on social media. Twitter @ASASilverStorm, Instagram @ASASilverStorm, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ASASilverStorm and on Snapchat at ASASilverStorm.